In February I began a new job. A full time job. At night. Not really ever the type of work schedule I would have thought I would engage in, especially when I have a small little family I adore spending time with, but this is where I find myself, nonetheless. Due to the nature of how our schedule as a family now works out, Dave and Tate spend a fairly significant amount of "man time" together. It is so apparent to me how meaningful this is. The growing bond between the boys is so great, it is almost visible. "Daddy" is usually the answer, or question, to most everything in Tate's world. I don't have enough words to express how lucky both Tate and I are, to have Dave, influence, teach, and model how to be a compassionate, loving, and "all around manly" man.
Tate went around and gathered the lax boys' helmets, lining them up,
oh-so-perfectly. Tate adores lacrosse, and loves watching Dave coach. He pulled Dave aside, specifically to show him his work.
Tate is a MAN.
MAN criteria:
* don't wear a shirt
* place your hands behind your head in the car
* be just like Daddy
"Why you crying, Daddy?"
"It's okay to cry when you're sad, Buddy."
"Daddy, you need a hug?"
"Yeah, Buddy."



That's really beautiful.
ReplyDelete